Here's the latest addition to the Big Boy bedroom...here, here and here). I had an empty frame lying around, so I picked up a pack of mixed-size, multi-colored buttons at Michael's, and got started. First, though, I have to show you what was in the frame before...
A wonky photo of Arnold. Awesome. He will be missed.
Anyway, I started by printing a letter S (my Little Man's first initial). I blew it up so it almost filled a regular sized sheet of paper, then I cut it out and drew around it with pencil onto my fabric (though a disappearing ink pen would have been better). I ended up not using this fabric (which was paper-backed linen, meant for binding books), due to unforeseen complications down the road, but the beginning process would have been the same anyway.
Update: I made another one of these for one of S's best buddies when he turned two. This time, the whole process took about three and a half hours. Read more about it here.
Sharing this post:
Doin' It Yourself @ AKA Design
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY ShowOff
Creative Bloggers' Hop @ Homemaker on a Dime
Pinning & Singing @ 5 Minutes Just for Me
The Pinterest Challenge @ Ten June, Centsational Girl, Bower Power & Young House Love